Re: partman-crypto: reducing memory usage in d-i

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 08:31:13PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 20 August 2006 11:48, David Härdeman wrote:
The previous suggestion tried to load all methods as soon as crypto was
chosen for any partition. This leads to additional downloads (since you
will probably only want to use one method), memory usage and waiting.

The reason I asked is that anna will probably not complain if dependencies are not available and thus I think you have to check if they really were loaded some other way. I'm not completely sure about this though, but suggest you keep it in mind.

Hmm...I'm not sure how I'd simulate this error condition so it'll be kinda hard to test.

Perhaps I should add some checks that relevant binaries are present after the anna execution no matter what?

Regards,
David