Re: booting up the system

"Iuri Sampaio" <iuri.sampaio@gmail.com> writes:
>    But I reinstalled my windows OS and now I lost lilo boot loader and I
>    can boot my linux.
>
>    Do you know a way to get into my debian box? Then I am able to install
>    lilo over again on the master boot sector or even better to install it
>    on a floppy disk?
>
>    I need mount my system up from the boot loader and install the lilo.
>
>    Any clue? How do I visualize the partitions are one my hard disk and
>    their names.
>    I need to figure out where is which partition, for example something to
>    return to me like a df ËÉ on my hard disk would do it.

Go to another machine, make yourself a GRUB boot floppy or a GRUB
boot CD, and read the GRUB manual.

Using the GRUB boot floppy or CD, you can explore all of your drives and
see where everything is.  You also can boot the system -- all without
installing anything.

Once you are ready to reinstall a boot loader, forget about LILO.  Install
GRUB.

RLH