Re: Help installing source udebs

On Saturday 12 August 2006 14:17, Chris Carr wrote:
> Or rather, it half works. The 'deb' line works, so I can make images.
> But I tried to put an identical deb-src line in, and do
>
> apt-get source hw-detect
>
> so that I can add a call to dmraid, but that doesn't work. I get the
> error

To make changes in d-i packages, you normally don't 'apt-get source', but
rather get a checkout of the entire subversion (SVN) repository.
See the instructions in:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn

To use a custom version of a udeb in an image, don't use a local sources
list, but rather use the localudebs directory.

You normally should not need to make any special changes in /etc/apt/* or
in installer/build for this.

This document may help you with some background info:
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/talks/debconf6/paper/

Cheers,
FJP