Re: partman: please create ext3 file systems with online resize support

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 05:03:39PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I've tested this patch, and it proved to be incomplete.  ext2prepare
> need an argument extra, with the new maximum size for the partition.
> Not sure how to properly calculate that value, so I just picked a
> fairly large number 100 GiB as the value.  With this patch,
> ext2prepare seem to run successfully.

This seems like a "works by accident" hack to me. To be honest, I think we
should be using mkfs.ext3 instead of partman to generate ext3 filesystems --
no munging around with tune2fs, fsck or ext2prepare to create filesystems
with the options we want (and who knows what is the next option added).

I'm aware that mkfs.ext3 has no progress bar, but isn't it more important
to generate correct file systems that having progress bars? Cc-ing debian-boot.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/