Re: debian-installer: Installation Testing on AMD64 is not working- no modules

Frans Pop wrote:
On Monday 07 August 2006 12:22, Michael Fuckner wrote:
I tried to install Debian Testing on an AMD64 using the netinst-iso
from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/
iso-cd/ (from 4.Aug and 5.Aug 2006), but there are no modules for
network cards.

The directory /lib/modules/KERNELVERSION/kernel/drivers/net does not
exist, so it is not possible to install via network.

I have just done an installation from a netinst image and it works fine for me, so I think you must be confused about something:
- the netinst image is a CD image, so it is not intended for booting off
  the network, but only for burning to CD and booting off CD
I know.

- network driver modules are only loaded into the installation system
  after the first few installation steps, so .../drivers/net may well
  be not there immediately after you boot, but should be present at the
  point where it is needed
http://people.debian.org/~kroeckx/d-i/images/daily/netboot/mini.iso
This CD is working, I can boot from CD and install via LAN- which is what I want. Is it right that the difference between those 2 CDs is that the installer is also loaded from the internet and not from CD?

Regards,
 M.Fuckner!