Re: ppp-udeb debconf translations and D-I "levels"

Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):
> On Saturday 15 July 2006 19:44, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Actually I have wished I had PPPoE support in the installer quite some
> > times (ADSL is popular in germany), it's just very easy to workaround
> > this with CD sets or DVDs.
>
> ADSL does not imply PPPoE though. I have ADSL too, but don't need PPPoE.

I think that it widely depends on places.

IIRC, at the very beginning of DSL connections here (France for those
not aware), the use of PPPoE was very common. Then, slowly, the ISP's
replaced their default setup by DSL routers or, even more often,
dedicated "boxes" which are actually routers or Ethernet bridges.

However, in other places, PPPoE may be quite common. This was the
point of Eddy when he began working on the ppp-udeb thing to try bringing it
to a releasable state.

If possible, I'd vote for keeping the ppp-udeb alive. Probably after
some polishing again, to avoid issues raised by Frans in an earlier post.