Re: [Debian Wiki] PowerPC tips and tricks

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 07:08:40PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:24:33PM -0000, Debian Wiki wrote:
> > Dear Wiki user,
> >
> > You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Debian Wiki" for change notification.
> >
> > The following page has been changed by HolgerLevsen:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Links
> >
> > The comment on the change is:
> > that page doesnt exist anymore (and was outdated anyway IIRC)

> >    * [http://packages.debian.org/stable/debian-installer packages.debian.org overview of d-i udebs]
> >    * ["DebianInstaller/Partman"] harddisk partitioning tool
> > -  * [http://www.soziologie.ch/users/steinlin/d-i/ debian-installer on powerpc tips and tricks]
> >    * [http://people.debian.org/~joshk/d-i-logos/ Boot Logo Gallery]
> >    * [http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/translation-hints manual translation hints]
>

> The interresting thing of that page was^Wis the DHCP server
> modification. ( Apple does Apple DHCP )

Notice that given that Apple is leaving PowerPC, and that the most interesting
powerpc hardware to netboot are probably IBM (and mercurial, upcoming genesi
blades, and those doing VME bus PPC970 boards) servers, as well as all the
embedded stuff we don't really support as of now, i guess it would make sense
in the future to not focus exclusively on powermac hardware and bring the
non-apple documentation upto specs. If i remember well, those where fully
missing for etch.

Friendly,

Sven Luther