Re: [g-i] new screenshots available

On 6/24/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 07:01:14AM -0700, Damodharan Rajalingam wrote:

> Hmm.. TSCu_Paranar is the font which I use in my Debian box and dont
> have any problem with it. Also there was a screenshot sent when Tamil
> was announced a supported language. The tamil font rendering in that
> screenshot was fine. Is it because of font stripping? Can we try with
> unstipped font?

TSCu_Paranar is not stripped; problem is that freefont contains some glyphs
in the U0b80-U0bff range and somehow has priority over Tamil fonts.
Here how Tamil looks like using TSCu_Paranar.

http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/ta.png

I'm about to file a bug agains greefont.
Thanx for reporting the problem.

AFAICT this is the exact problem that I have observed in January
because freefont had higher priority than all other in the G-I
environment. I honestly don't think is a font issue, but a G-I issue.

--
Regards,
EddyP