Re: stagger forced fsck on reboot

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 13:39 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 11:54:24AM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > You're taking it too disastrously.  The problem I'm trying to solve is
> > when the max mount count is reached, this is the case in which the
> > forced fscks becomes annoying.  Whether the forced fsck is done this
> > time around or only on the next reboot instead is not going to make
> > that much difference to the file system integrity.
>
> Hm.
>
> You are aware that e2fsck has a feature since a while back which will
> make the forced count or time be doubled in case you're running on
> battery?

Ah no, I wasn't aware of that.  But I'm not referring to battery life
anyway, just the length of time of waiting for all partitions to fsck at
the same time (even if I'm plugged in to AC power).  I only refer to
laptops insofar as they are less stable than desktops or servers, so the
remounting occurs more frequently with them.   The same problem that I'm
addressing exists for desktops, it's just not quite as pressing with
them.

Drew