[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

On Monday 19 June 2006 08:29, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> Please give me hint if I should file the missing patches now
> or if I should wait for a decision at the d-i meeting.

Thank you for the overview. Please wait a bit before filing any new bugs 
as we should first revert the decision made earlier.

I've taken a look at your patch directory and AFAICT there are two other 
bugs open that will prevent you from building d-i "from the archive":
busybox and gnupg.

I will put your request on the agenda for the next meeting and will let 
you know afterwards.

There is still the structural question of "why add support for an arch 
that basically nobody in the project sees any future for" with some even 
actively saying it's a suboptimal solution.
We'll have to balance that question against the extra maintenance that the 
addition of any port does cost. There is also the alternative option of 
allowing you to maintain (parts of) the needed changes in a branch.

The two patches that need most to be discussed are:
- debian-installer: doing this in a branch instead could be an option
- linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6: looks like it would work, but also fairly
  invasive for a package that already has a huge control file


Attachment: pgp0CqhFa8Mjj.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: