Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:38:00PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> I think that the situation with my commit access to the d-i svn repo is
> getting burdersome and over ridiculous.

Sven, you've already ignored my recommendation on how to deal with this,
and the question remains before the technical committee, from your request.

If you'd like to remove the packages you're listed as an Uploader:
for from d-i svn so that you can maintain them yourself, I'm happy to
support you in that. But I can't support your continued pressuring of
Frans and the other members of the d-i team to reinstate your svn access.

You seem to have formed the impression that people with subversion
access are better than people without, or at least are seen to be that
way. That's not the case.

> 19:08 < svenl> fjp: would be easier if you restored svn commit.
> 19:08  * fjp is not going to discuss that.
> 19:09 < svenl> fjp: damn, i forgot the smiley, let's try it again.
> 19:09 < svenl> fjp: would be easier if you restored svn commit. :)
> 19:09 < svenl> (was not going to discuss it, but to make a friendly joke).

> 19:10 < svenl> fjp: i mean, i am seriously bitter about this, and previous
> incarnation of that discussions where indeed rant.

> 19:12  * svenl is hoping to wear fjp down by pointing out the exceeding
> ridiculness of the whole issue, though, so i am no more going to rant about it
> :)

> 19:13 < svenl> fjp: so, you want to put me in a bad-mood again, and that we
> restart a dispute and flamewar ?

FWIW, "i am seriously bitter about this", "hoping to wear [you] down",
and "restart a dispute and flamewar" != "friendly joke".

Cheers,
aj