Re: hppa boot kernel panic

Hi,

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 14:08, julien leveugle wrote:
> While trying to install a debian 3.1r1 netinstall for hppa on a HP9000
> class K100 based on PARISC 1.1, I obtain a kernel panic that i don't
> understand. Can someone have had the same problem and could give me
> hand?

[...]

> Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram ramdisk_size=16384 init=/linuxrc

A possible cause for this error is described in the Errata for the Sarge
version of the installer [1]: you may need to increase the ramdisk size.

If that's not it, the people on the list debian-hppa@lists.debian.org will
probably be better able to help with this issue than the people on this
list.

One other suggestion I can make is to try the Etch Beta2 version [2] of
the installer which uses a much more recent kernel version.

Cheers,
FJP

[1]http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/index.html#errata
[2]http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/