Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

On 6/6/06, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Sunday 28 May 2006 00:37, Dave Beckett wrote:
> I can try to build one in a few days time but I'm unsure how I could
> test it (in isolation) as I'm not familiar with udebs.

If you can provide a udeb, we can at least check its contents and I'm sure
that one of us will be able to test with it.

Probably I will be able to assist him; yesterday I started on working
on the 1.1.6 cairo lib and the gtk2.8 libs.

Still I have problems with the creation of the -dev package because I
lack the needed knowledge for packaging libraries, but I guess I will
overcome that issue with Dave.

Most important for us is that the libs in the udeb are built against only
the directfb backend and not e.g. the X backend.

That will imply 2 builds of the cairo sources with the results of each
build in separate directories. I have a rough image in my head about
how the package should be modified..

We also need to be able to build other (library) udebs using regular
library and -dev packages. I don't know if/how that will work if the udeb
is compiled with different configuration options than the debs.

I think the proper way is to have libs, -dev libs and udeb generated
from the same build result.

Please do not upload to unstable without checking with us first. We will
probably have to resolve a package name conflict with the package that
currently provides the libcairo udeb. We'll also have to make sure that

If llibcairo2-directfb-udeb will result from the libcairo2 source
package and libcairo-directfb wil be pulled on a dead line there
shouldn't be any problem, probably except ...

uploading the udeb does not break the daily builds of the graphical
installer.

the G-I breakage.

--
Regards,