Re: kernel/d-i/security/release meeting at DebConf6

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:39:30AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [060526 10:20]:
> > Well, it was my understanding that both those packages where living in a
> > differnt section, namely etch and etch-<whatever>, which would take care of
> > the problem. Failing that, it is easy enough to handle the problem in the same
> > way as we want to handle the sid/etch kernel dichotomy, in case we froze on a
> > 2.6.16 kernel.
>
> Both packages will have to live in etch.

Ok, so we need to find a scheme which appends some tag or something to the
module names.

Ideally, this would be the full kernel version (2.6.16-2-<flavour>), which i
believe would be enough for our purpose.

kernel-package already does this for binary package, we only need to transpose
this to the source package too, and everyone is happy.

Friendly,

Sven Luther