[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: kernel/d-i/security/release meeting at DebConf6

* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [060524 12:14]:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 12:04:59PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > There will definitly be a time when it is too late to replace the kernel
> > without delaying the release (just consider that we e.g. notice after
> > starting the CD build that there is some issue). Also, we need a minimum
> > testing periode for the final kernel and the final installer. If we set
> > that minimum testing periode to something like 6 weeks (which seems sane
> > to me), we cannot update the installer later than mid of October, and
> > the kernel needs to be a little bit earlier, which is like the beginning
> > of October.
> Err, do you really need to retest everything when a kernel change only
> includes a small set of security fixes ? I think 6 weeks may be overkill
> there, unless naturally you are speaking of a version bump with a huge load of
> changes.

If it is a minimal patch, we will see. However, I don't think it's
usefull to discuss that now in theory. We need to see the patchset (and
also what amount of open issues there still is elsewhere) to decide what
to do.


Reply to: