Re: Idea: making it easier to change DEBCONF_PRIORITY

Quoting Jason Spiro (jasonspiro4+gmane@gmail.com):
> Hi all,
>
> I think there should be an easy way to change the DEBCONF_PRIORITY
> setting from within d-i. You should not have to specify "expert" or
> "DEBCONF_PRIORITY=..." on the CD-ROM boot prompt if you want to make the
> change.
>
> (I currently recommend to new Debian users to set
> DEBCONF_PRIORITY=critical during their first install. This way, they
> will be asked far fewer questions during the install, which means a
> enjoyable install experience. However, it is hard to explain how to do
> so without providing written instructions on how to do it.)

The current position of the D-I team is that critical installs are
mostly meant for  unattended (or partly preseeded) installs.

We will not recommend them to end users. If you think that end users
might be confused about some of the questions that are asked during a
default install, we'd be delighted to try improving them.