lvmcfg changes

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the lvmcfg package in order to remove some cruft, close some bugs and integrate it better with partman.

So far I have a number of patches and idea for upcoming patches, but I'd like feedback on a number of these points before I commit anything:

o Using lvs/pvs/vgs instead of vgdisplay + grep

	The former have an output which is optimized for script parsing
	which the latter doesn't. I've verified that lvs/pvs/vgs are present
in the sarge lvm2 packages. As for lvm1 support, I can't verify that it is supported by vgs/lvs/pvs. [1] seems to suggest that it is in fact supported (see the first example).

o Config menu reshuffle

As indicated before, the main menu contains a superflous and untranslatable "Leave" option which I plan to remove. In addition I was thinking of moving all menu options from the VG/LV submenus to the main menu and removing the VG/LV submenus. Finally, I'm considering adding a list of current PVs/VGs/LVs
	above the menu so the current state is always clear to the user.

o lvmcfg postinst

Right now lvmcfg has a postinst script which launches the lvmcfg util. Is this script really necessary or can I remove it?

o lvmcfg and lvmcfg-utils split

Why is the package split into two? For such a small util which only does one thing, it seems more logical to have it as one package. Is lvmcfg-utils used by anything but lvmcfg?

o partman-lvm and lvmcfg split

Later it might make sense to merge lvmcfg into partman-lvm. tbm hinted on IRC that arch's without partman usually have no need for lvm either. Is partman not working on all archs? Does it matter?

Comments are very welcome, I don't dare to commit anything without some feedback :)

Regards,
David