Re: graphics or text as default?

Il giorno mar, 16/05/2006 alle 19.11 +0200, chantra ha scritto:
> Hi,
> Even though I prefer the textual installer or even no installers ;) see
> http://www.debuntu.org/2006/05/14/51-how-to-installing-debian-etch-from-a-running-debian-based-system/
> I reckon graphical as default is best.
>
> Why? Just because awared user will instantly look toward FXs menus, but
> a non-awared user, will simply not know what to do.
>
> A good alternative, will be to show a box with:
> 1.Install In Graph mode
> 2.Install in Text Mode
>

> Stefano Canepa wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 	the CD images with both graphical and textual installer will run
> > graphical as default?
> > 	At my LUG when we explain the installation process to new users we
> > present Mandriva and Debian and many users choise to install Mandriva
> > just for it's graphical installer or better graphical partitioner. I do
> > like the textual installer more but new users like clicking on menus. :)
> >
> > Regards
> > sc

I would have never imagine that my simple question about default
installer would have result in so long discussion, I will think twice or
more before asking questions to the list in the future ;)

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.