Re: powerpc daily sid_d-i CD builds working again

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 09:58 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> My diagnostic here, is that g-i makes some assumptions that are wrong
> on
> powerpc. Most probably it tries to load the vesafb module, but since
> the above
> is builtin in the powerpc kernel, that test fails, obviously.
> Furthermore,
> vesafb is a x86-only thingy.

Ok, I tried with some options
(http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20051202.093632.1589458f.en.html ) that people indicate me in #debian-boot.

Still nothing.

I managed to install strace in the busybox and ran debian-installer
trough it.

The logs are here:

http://heracles.corsac.net/~corsac/hydra/di3.log
http://heracles.corsac.net/~corsac/hydra/strace.log

Don't really know what's happening...

To make myself clear, I don't really *need* to use gtk-installer on this
box, it's only my test box, and I wanted to try g-i on this (old)
hardware, only to test if it worked.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez