Re: Proposal for integration of the graphical installer

On Sunday 14 May 2006 12:18, Sven Luther wrote:
> It is usefull to keep those images relatively small, but given their
> current size, growing from 250 to 300 MB or whatever it is, will
> probably pass un-noticed.

Right. That issue does not really apply to ppc as, as you say, the
businesscard and netinst images are a lot bigger anyway than on i386.

> So, i would vote for always including the g-i images onto the business
> card, netinst and cd isos, with the same caveat as on i386 concerning
> the installable tasks of CD 1. DVD medias should be un-problematic
> though.

Well, IIRC for ppc the desktop task did not fit on CD1 when Sarge was
released. Not sure if that has changed or not, but I doubt it.