Re: [G-I] Udeb dependency resolution issue resolved!

Hey Frans,

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 05:04:24AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Today I've been able to upload cdebconf with updated dependencies and
> built the graphical installer *without any localudebs* :-)
> This means we've finally arrived at the point where we can integrate the
> graphical installer into trunk.

excellent news, really!
as Attilio pointed out, next milestone should be switching to the latest libs,
and things are already moving in the right direction:

- directfb backend has been integrated in the main CVS repository and the first
  official release containing it, 2.9.0,  is out (is an unstable release, see [1])

- as far as fonts are concerned, current g-i covers all the languages supported by
  the installer, including the latest Thai and Dzongkha. Consistency is not at its
  best; I've put alot of effort trying to switch g-i as to use Dejavu fonts as default
  rather than freefont but that's another area where we've taken the current libs to
  their limits. I've managed to get this working out of the box using an unofficial
  iso based on the latest libs, but using the official libs, debconf just dies (see [2])

Ciao,
Davide

[1] http://www.gtk.org/
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00256.html