Re: Installing on a machine with nvidia RAID

On Thursday 20 April 2006 10:44, David Goodenough wrote:
> Yes I think I need dmraid.  Looking at the Debian Installer FAQ there
> is reference to using the installer Device Manager.

Not sure what you mean. The only reference to dmraid I can find in the FAQ
is:
   SATA RAID Chipsets or PCI/PCIe-cards software RAIDs are not supported
   yet, or not completely, see dmraid  1  2, if you do not need to dual
   boot to a MS Windows installed on such a software raid system, please
   use the DebianInstaller default raid manager, above mentioned, it is
   far more tested and seems equally fast.

This clearly stated that dmraid is not supported.
The default RAID manager refers to software RAID, which means you'd have
to disably SATA-RAID in your BIOS.

> There was talk about dmraid as far back as November last year, and
> someone (I forget who) talked about including a dmraid udeb.  But I
> could not find any reference as to whether this had happened, or what
> the planned timescale for its inclusion would be.

Right, and it's not been implemented in d-i yet.