Re: RFC: Dropping the modutils patch from busybox

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 01:28:19AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Bastian was talking on IRC about dropping the modutils patch from busybox,
> which apparently is quite large. This would mean we'd lose lsmod.

At the same time I want to update to busybox 1.1.2. But this means that
we have to fix the init console problem.

> There are currently two components using lsmod:
> ./hw-detect/hw-detect.sh:347:   ! lsmod | grep -q ^yenta_socket; then

So it only tries to check if the module is loaded. Can be done easily
with a grep on /proc/modules.

> ./installation-report/report-hw:29:lsmod 2>&1 | addinfo lsmod

As this information is only usefull for us, we don't need the formated
version but can work with the raw one.

> Bastian: please let us know if you intend to go ahead with the removal of
> modutils from busybox.

Yes, I do.

Bastian

--
The joys of love made her human and the agonies of love destroyed her.
		-- Spock, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5842.8