anna: does not exclude udebs listed in exclude file

On Thursday 23 February 2006 21:17, Joey Hess wrote:
> Not entirely though, since the full CD (and certianly a DVD) should be
> usable w/o hitting a mirror. It seems that apt-mirror-setup must be
> getting pulled in on those like it does for the netinst.
>
> Which is strange given debian-cd/data/etch/udeb_exclude was added with
> this comment:
> * Make the full CD have apt-mirror-setup in its udeb_exclude file, to
> avoid that component being installed to satisfy apt-setup's dependency
> on it (I hope), so that the user is not unncessarily asked for a mirror
> during a full CD install, but is still asked for one during installs
> from the smaller CDs.

I'd not really looked into that before, but:
$ <loop-mount full CD image>
$ cat /cdrom/.disk/udeb_exclude
apt-mirror-setup

So the file is there.

Looking at the code in anna, that takes its exclude file from:
#define DOWNLOAD_DIR            "/var/cache/anna"
#define INCLUDE_FILE            DOWNLOAD_DIR "/include"
#define EXCLUDE_FILE            DOWNLOAD_DIR "/exclude"
./util.c:187:   if ((fp = fopen(EXCLUDE_FILE, "r")) == NULL)

Looks suspiciously that nothing takes care of copying the file from the
cdrom to where anna expects it.

Hmm. Actually it does. anna repeatedly calls cdrom-retriever:
- first with "config" and this creates the symlink
- then with "packages"
- then with "retrieve" (repeated, including for apt-mirror-setup)
- and finally with "cleanup", which removes the symlink (and which is
  why I did not see it when I checked /var/cache/anna)

So, anna must not be excluding it.
This could be because the take_includes and drop_excludes functions are
both called before di_system_packages_resolve_dependencies_mark_anna.

So my conclusion is that apt-mirror-setup is not excluded because it is
installed as a dependency from apt-setup rather than in its own right
(which makes listing it in the exclude file in debian-cd useless).