Re: New directfb 0.9.24-1 with soname bumped

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:56:36AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2006 19:11, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I'll be uploading the new directfb after 2006-04-09 dinstall run.
> > As libsysfs2 has migrated to testing already, there should be no
> > problem related to this. In regard to dependent packages, Frans
> > reported that gtk+2.0-directfb does not build anymore, if you think
> > you need more time to fix this, I can delay the upload.

> So our proposal is to rename current directfb to directfb-0.9-22, make
> those packages that conflict with new directfb and have both in the
> archive until we can make the transition to all new libraries.

I've talked with Frans on IRC and this seems the most sensible way,
even it it implies duping the package for now...

> I've prepared a patch (attached) that creates directfb-0.9-22 packages. As
> I expect they will only be used by d-i, will not need maintenance and
> will never reach stable, I have set d-boot as maintainer (unless Guillem
> prefers to have them in his name of course).
>
> Comments on this suggestion and the patch welcome.

Sure, feel free to upload and change the maintainer if it does not
bother you (the udeb bug can be closed with your upload).

I'll be uploading new directfb packages today before dinstall run if
it's fine with you guys.

thanks,
guillem