Re: using initrd preseed.cfg during netboot

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 16:47, Steve Feehan wrote:
>   2. Do I need to use/build the debian-installer version from sid since
>      there does not appear to be an initrd-preseed for stable?

There are several options. You could also backport the changes in the
preseed udeb needed for initrd-preseeding to the Sarge version of that
package.

>   3. Is it possible to use the sid installer to install a stable
>      system?

Yes, that has been made possible again _after_ the Beta2 release, so you'd
need the daily images. It's only been tested for an i386 install. Also,
the installation will not be 100% identical to an install using the Sarge
installer.

Note also that it is not fully supported and you may run into problems,
especially on the reboot. Reason for this is that the installer will run
with a newer kernel (2.6.16) than is installed on the target system
(2.6.8).

See also the README in the d-i SVN repository for package sarge-support.

Cheers,
FJP