Re: [G-I] progress in theming

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:09:48AM +0100, fiandro@tiscali.it wrote:
> Luca Bruno wrote:
> > Now, I'd like to work on "visual-impaired" theme.
> > Attilio suggested me to work on HighContrastLargePrintInverse theme,
> > available in gnome-themes.
>
> I remember HighContrastLargePrintInverse adoption for visua impaired
> people being suggested by Denis Barbier, but i cannot speak about this
> as i know just very little abot accessibility.

My rationale is very simple: if the default theme has a bright
background, the alternate theme should have a dark one.  If the
default theme had a dark background, I would vote for the
HighContrastLarge theme.
In fact, one can imagine that font size can be selected at boot
time (maybe this is already the case, I did not check).  But
this is hardly true for colors, they need to be predefined, which
is why different choices must be provided.  Or an alternative
could also be to have a "reverse video" option.

Denis