Re: x86, linux26 not detecting RAID controller (but 2.4 kernel does)

--- Geert Stappers <stappers@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 09:03:18AM -0800, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> > When I boot a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with the current Sarge install
> > CD, if I type "linux26" at the boot prompt, the installer won't
> > autodetect the RAID controller (Dell PERC 4e/Di). Funny thing
> > though; if I just hit Enter and boot the 2.4 kernel, the RAID
> > gets detected.
> >
> > BTW, the 'e' in 4e/Di indicates PCI Express x8, and the 'D' is
> > for dual-channel (dual channels to the SCSI chipset I think).
> >
> > Is this a bug in the Debian Installer?
>
> Please provide the PCI ID of the card we are talking about.
>

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers

After I enter the D-I, I can go to another virtual console,
but I don't seem to have the 'lspci' command available. How
else can I find this ID you're asking about?

BTW, I think this RAID/SCSI controller is embedded onto the
motherboard, so it's not a card. This is a rackmount server.

---John