x86, linux26 not detecting RAID controller (but 2.4 kernel does)

When I boot a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with the current Sarge install
CD, if I type "linux26" at the boot prompt, the installer won't
autodetect the RAID controller (Dell PERC 4e/Di). Funny thing
though; if I just hit Enter and boot the 2.4 kernel, the RAID
gets detected.

BTW, the 'e' in 4e/Di indicates PCI Express x8, and the 'D' is
for dual-channel (dual channels to the SCSI chipset I think).

Is this a bug in the Debian Installer?