Debian HW RAID almost working. Fsck failure on reboot.

Hi All,

I seem to be experiencing a similar problem - after a clean install of sarge with a 2.6 kernel.
When I reboot the system I get a fsck.ext3 error trying to check /dev/sda1

fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/sda1
Possible non-existent or swap device?

fsck failed.  Please repair manually.

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell.....

If I hit control-D and continue I can then mount -a and all is well (the partition mounts normally) If I change /etc/fstab so the <pass> param is changed from a 2 to a 0 for sda1, again the system boots and mounts the drive normally (albeit without a fsck). Finally doing a fsck /dev/sda1 on the unmounted drive returns instantly with a clean, so I think the drive is fine.

Could this be a timing/order issue as the SCSI device seems to be detected quite a bit later in the logs.

Thanks again for a wonderful job!

Alex.