Re: First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

On 3/2/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:
> > yesterday I managed to extend the spellchecker as to give infos about
> > the codepoints used for each language on each level
> > [...]
> > More about this in the next few days.
>
> I just committed the above modifications and forced a re-run of the
> spellchecker [1] for all levels; tested mainly on level1 translations
> where it seems to behave well.
>
> It's possible to browse / download the following:
>
> * specific list of codepoints for a particular languages ("Codepoints" column)

something's wrong, there's only one code for arabic:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/latest/nozip/ar_codes.txt

> * list of codepoints for the entire level (see link at the beginning of the page)

cool! this way we can check if we have uncovered codes (we can detect
missing glyphs)

> * a tarball containing all the infos related to codepoints for the entire level
>
> using the lst2rng.sh script available in [2] it's possible to convert a file of
> codepoints in a format compatible with the stripping scripts i.e:
>
> $ cat it_codes.txt | sed "s|.*<U\(....\)>|\1|" | ./lst2rng.sh
> u0020:u0022 u0025 u0027:u0029 u002B:u005D u005F u0061:u007A u00A0 u00AB u00B0 u00BB u00C0 u00C8 u00E0 u00E8:u00E9 u00EC u00F2 u00F9
>
> things still need to be polished, but we're getting closer.

Hopefully this evening I will make my NSLU2 act as a router instead of
my laptop running OS X and I will be able to jump in and help.

--
Regards,
EddyP