Re: base, essential, core - important terminology question.

>  but remaining question:
>
>  #: ../base-installer.templates:217
>    msgid "Installing core packages"
>
>  what are `core packages'? I don't understand this term absolutely &
> cannot resolve its meaning strongly getting the difference related to
> `Req + Imp packages' or `whole Base System' or `just Essential packages'.

That string comes from debootstrap....

My interpretation is that "core" packages here mean packages that are
themselves defined as part of the base system.

The difference is made because these packages may IIRC trigger the
installation of *other* packages, because of the dependency system.

I've just added some comments in base-installer to make this clearer,
hopefully.