Re: debian-installer

Hi Mathias,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:06:16PM +0000, mathias wrote:

> I have readen that you need people to work on debian installer. I think
> it s a good project. Debian is a very good OS. But people are thinking
> that the installation isn't allways easy to do.

Well, first impressions die hard.  It's actually very easy to install sarge
on hardware that it supports; it's not as *pretty* as some others, but
people are working that too. :)

Do you have specific areas that you're interested in helping with?  Have you
used the sarge/etch installer (d-i), and know of things you personally would
like to see improved?  That would be the place for you to start.

> I am currently working on computer for banks and insurance compagnies,
> on IBM OS/390 or Z/OS, and sometimes on Unix AIX. My computer is linux
> for 5 years.  I have installed several software for bank. And i think I
> could help you on this project.

Well, I'm pretty sure that sarge is easier to install than AIX. ;)

> Sorry for my poor english, dites moi si vous parlez francais, je
> semblerais moins ridicule. =).

Y'a qui parlent français, mais ce liste-ci est anglophone, svp.

Cheers,