Re: [g-i] Indic scripts

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 05:26:22PM +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > > Gargi_1.7.ttf: u2212 u2219
> > > Saab.ttf: u2212
> >
> > Some weird messages happened during the stripping but let's just
> > move on for now :)
>
> I got the same messages for lohit_* but they worry me. Maybe somebody
> wit hmore experience in font work could help? (freefont guys, maybe,
> since we might use at some point freefont for indic scripts, too?)

lohit_* were removed from my current font environment, so I haven't tried
to strip glyphs from any of those.

Here's what I got when stripping MuktiNarrow:

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 by George Williams.
 Executable based on sources from 12:08 5-Dec-2005.
Warning: Mac string is a subset of the Unicode string in the 'name' table
 for the Copyright string in the Inglese americano en_US language.
The Postscript font name "Mukti Narrow" is invalid.
It should be printable ASCII,
must not contain (){}[]<>%/ or space
and must be shorted than 63 characters
Warning: Mac and Windows entries in the 'name' table differ for the
 Descrittore string in the language Inglese americano en_US
 Mac String: This is a font made by just replacing  amature quality glyphs in my font ani with good quality glyphs of GPLed font bng-2-n from Cyberscape Multimedia <www.akruti.com/freedom>. It is made for Mukta Bangla Font project.
Windows String: This is a font made by Warning: Mac and Windows entries in the 'name' table differ for the
 URL del venditore string in the language Inglese americano en_US
 Mac String: mailto:freebangfont-devel@nongnu.org
Windows String: http://www.nongnu.org/freebangfont
Warning: Mac and Windows entries in the 'name' table differ for the
 Licenza string in the language Inglese americano en_US
 Mac String: GNU GPL © Mukta Bangla Font Project 2002-3. You are allowed to distribute or use this software in as many computer systems as you wish, with or without modifications provided you transfer these  rights with the software. You are also allowed to use this softwarWarning: Glyph 183 is named hama which should mean it is mapped to
 Unicode U+0000, but Glyph 1 already has that encoding.
Glyph 558 is called ".notdef", a singularly inept choice of name (only glyph 0
 may be called .notdef)
FontForge will rename it.

-----------------------

I got this with ttf-punjabi-fonts.tgz

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 by George Williams.
 Executable based on sources from 12:08 5-Dec-2005.
Glyph 197 is called ".notdef", a singularly inept choice of name (only glyph 0
 may be called .notdef)
FontForge will rename it.

and this with ttf-devanagari-fonts.tgz

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 by George Williams.
 Executable based on sources from 12:08 5-Dec-2005.
Warning: Glyph 367 is named emp1 which should mean it is mapped to
 Unicode U+000E, but Glyph 3 already has that encoding.

ciao
Davide