Re: New version of ttf-freefont to test

Hi all,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:33:36PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I just built a new upstream version of ttf-freefont. As Konstantinos
> is mostly away currently, I wanted to give a try for getting a new
> version in as the graphical installer could benefit it.

very appreciated: thank you.

> I am not at all a font guy...I just took some time to build this new
> version.

I tried to rebuild the package starting from the files on [1] and it
fails for me with the following:

./convertfonts.sh
./FreeMonoBoldOblique.sfd
./convertfonts.sh: line 11: /testing/home/zino/temp/deb/ttf-freefont-20060126/scripts/ConvertFont: Permission denied
[...]

which was fixed by hand with a "chmod +x scripts/ConvertFont"

> G-I people, can you also have a look at it?

I wanted to create a g-i image using the udeb you provided in place of
the tarball [2] currently used in the official iso: since it's not so
immadiate it's going to be one of the next things I'll work on.

I've created an iso [3] which oncludes _only_ the unstripped version
of the FreeSans fonts; this obviously means that some languages have
no glyphs at all.

I performed some tests using Attilio's application and Soumyadip said
the pics ([4], [5], [6]) look good for Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi; if
this is true also for the iso (and I see no reason not to be that
way), it means we can get rid of

MuktiNarrow.tgz
ttf-devanagari-fonts.tgz
ttf-punjabi-fonts.tgz