3 primary partitions in preseeded partman-auto

Hello,

I've been playing with preseed now for some time and I would like to
automatically partition a harddisk using a preseeded partman-auto.

(I am using debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso as a basis, and it includes
partman-auto_41_all.udeb afaik.)

The setup I have in mind is the following:

sda1: 2GB swap
sda2: 64MB /boot
sda3: / (rest of the disk)

>From what I can find on the internet, this should be possible with the
following recipe:

boot-root :: 2048 2048  200%       linux-swap $primary{ }              method{ swap }   format{ } .
             64   64    64         ext3       $primary{ } $bootable{ } method{ format } format{ } use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ /boot } .
             500  10000 1000000000 ext3       $primary{ }              method{ format } format{ } use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ / } .

This recipe doesn't work however. More precisely, this recipe will cause
partman-auto to complain with "Failed to partition the selected disk:
This probably happened because there are too many (primary) partitions
in the partition table."

Removing one of the "$primary{ }" options fixes the problem, but causes
that partition to be created as a logical partition. That is not what I
want.

I have found a reference to this problem here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/05/msg01006.html

But the problem described there is caused by the max-value not being
big enough. I don't have that...

I've come to the logical conclusion (now that I am still sane) that
either I am doing something wrong and there exists a recipe that can
create 3 primary partitions like I want it, or there is a bug in
partman-auto that should probably be fixed.

In case of the former, I would appreciate it very much if someone could
pass me an example recipe for creating 3 primary partitions :)

greets,
-- Steven

PS: does $primary{ } mean the same as "primary partition" in the same
context as "extended" and "logical" partition ? Or is it just a keyword
in partman indicating "there can be only one" ? If the latter, maybe the
terminology should be adapted to avoid confusion.