Re: partman recipe for multiple primary partitions

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:34:38PM -0400, seph wrote:
> How can I make a partman-auto recipe that has multiple primary
> partitions? I'd like to have a small root, a small swap, and a large
> amount of unpartitioned space. I'm trying:
>
> d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string root-swap :: 2048 10000 3072
ext3 $primary{ } method{ format } format{ } use_filesystem{ }
filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ / } .  64 512 300% linux-swap $primary{ }
method{ swap } format{ } .

> but that tells me that there are too many primary partitions. removing
> the $primary on the swap partition get's it working.
>
> Why is it insisting on extended partitions?

No, it doesn't require an extended/logical partitions but it wnats to
use the whole free space and this is impossible because your disk is
bigger than 3072 Mb (for /) plus 300% (for swap).

You have to define a partition (primary or logical - it doesn't matter)
for the space you want to be unpartitioned.  After the installation you
can remove this unused partition.

Anton Zinoviev