Re: Several questions about tasks

>  1st of all, I've added hungarian & hungarian-desktop (+ a wrong
> bugreport, sorry), please add them 2 tasksel frontend.

Well, then you should have added an entry for the bug report in
debian/changelog as adding these tasks actually fixes your own bug
report.

Then tag the bug report as pending.

>  My problems with desktop task:

Please note that the desktop task is not an "everything" task. This
has been discussed numerous times here. Moreover, the more stuff we
have in it, the more things will have to always work together.

For these reasons, the desktop task is kind of a compromise....

>  1) I think, adding menu-xdg is also needed (for new GNOME, Xfce, etc.)
>
>  2) Firefox. OK, but why only x-www-browser and not an email client?

Mostly because nothing has really emerged very strongly as "the" email
client...This was at least the rationale of joeyh's answer last time I
asked the very same question.

I personnally favor including Thunderbird in the desktop task, though.

>  3) GIMP. Vector? OpenOffice & not Inkscape? OK, but if GIMP, I suggest
>     gimp-gap (see aniMNG, animgif, etc.) & gimp-svg. Opinion?

These should be properly suggested by the gimp package. Tasksel is not
here to fulfill other packages dependencies....

>  4) twm. hm. GIMP, Synaptic, OOo, FF are GTK2-based. I think, we can choose
>     a simple GTK2-based WM. Xfwm? Metacity?
>
>  5) xterm. I strongly suggest mrxvt-mini. Fast multiterminal!

Well, this is a matter of personal taste. Here again, when no clear
standard emerges, tasksel does not make choices...unless we are ready
to support them (ie always check that stuff included in a task is
always installable)