Re: Can apt-get do an "apt-get update"? Broken installs

On 2/7/06, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> I see that apt-setup-verify does an 'apt-get' update to verify a source
> is correct, but it only writes it to a tmp file.  Is there any reason
> it's not updated in /target?  That would solve my problem.

It would indeed be nice if the apt-get update that is done to "verify"
the sources is written to disk.  Not only because it might fix
problems like this one, but also because when installing on a
narrow-band client, it's quite despairing to see the apt-get update
(with sources, even!) being done, knowing that it will have to be done
again afterwards.

So, if it is at all possible, please consider writing the output to /target.

Thanks.

--
Besos,
Marga