Re: Extremadura G-I hacking session (Jan 18th - Jan 22nd 2006) -- report

On 2/6/06, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> No real reason that this has to be limited to GUI games, nethack or
> moon-buggy on console 4 might also be fun. ;-)

This was discussed also, but we have agreed that there should some
conditions for the game to qualify: simple to understand, addictive,
playable without network (?).

Please note that Sven (he did the main game searching) made his
searching until letter "i", so there might be other games that could
qualify.

Also, that the game Sven tried (icebreaker) had some problems in the
D-I environment. We are not sure why (I blame some aspumtions made in
the game about the size of the screen and always having a windo
manager), but the background was drawn in the center and the moving
parts are drawn on the upper part of the screen. Also there were some
colour issues (bigendianness?), but we are not sure if the DFB backend
of SDL was guilty for some of these problems (AFAIR, Denis said that
the SDL support was a yound addition to the DFB codebase).

--
Regards,
EddyP