Re: Extremadura G-I hacking session (Jan 18th - Jan 22nd 2006) -- report

Davide Viti wrote:
> Speaking of future features, I forgot to mention that during the
> meeting we (Sven, Frans and Eddy in particular) spent some time
> playing with the idea of having games inside the installer; Sven
> even collected some titles in the wiki [1].
> Any volunteer for creating udebs?

Might be good to have some basic infrastructure to support game udebs.
Something along the lines of:

 - Decide whether or not to install a game udeb. d-i shouldn't load games
   if the memory is tight, or a s390, for instance.
 - Pick out an appropriate game udeb to load from whatever set of games
   are available.
 - Provide an interface for loading and starting a game. GUI button or
   whatever. No point in loading a game if a user doesn't want one.
 - Hook into probaseconfig so the game can be told to save its state
   (and copy the state to /target/, possibly).

No real reason that this has to be limited to GUI games, nethack or
moon-buggy on console 4 might also be fun. ;-)

--
see shy jo