Re: preseed bare-bones install

Thanks for your help, Joey.

There's one other issue I'm trying to work around somehow with the
preseeded install.  I'm using base-config/late_command to wget another
kernel, and then installing it.  The final step is of course, to reboot
into the new kernel.  But rebooting with late_command reboots back into
mid-installation.

I read a little about how people have tried to work around this... such as
running background scripts with "sleep 100; reboot" but it sounds like
that base-config won't finish up with something running in the background.
 Any ideas on how I could reboot automatically in that new kernel?  I
don't know what base-config does after late_command, but if it's just
moving inittabs around, perhaps that could be done with late_command and
then rebooted.

Cheers,

Mike