Re: preseed bare-bones install

mike@opendns.com wrote:
> With the help of http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerPreseed and the
> sarge 3.1r1 netinst prepackaged iso, I have a working preseeded network
> install of debian going, no external input necessary by operator save the
> power button.  However, I'm trying to slim down the install as much as
> possible.  In my preseed file, I have the line
>
> tasksel tasksel/first multiselect ""
>
> But it seems many things I don't need/use are still getting installed -
> like python, hotplug, etc...  How can I preseed the install so that I can
> avoid these packages?

All standard priority packages are always installed by tasksel in sarge,
you cannot change that. Also, hotplug is always installed since it can
be necessary for proper hardware detection. In etch, tasksel does allow
you to not install the stndard system so your preseeding of it will
result in less being installed there.

--
see shy jo