Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

zinosat@tiscali.it wrote:
Hi Attilio,

yes, i can: do you need also precompiled binaries to be wget'ed into

the
d-i ISO ?

this could really help to track down the problem; we certainly need the help of some native speaker too. We need to know which string(s) have this problem (and eventually include only this strings in the minimal application), and if the problem reproduces everywher or just inside a prticular widget (i.e. GTKTreeView).

A precompiled binary to be used inside g-i might help as well; a minimal debug environment could be useful for other languages too in the future.
Thanx alot

I've created a small app containing a GTKTextView in which you can type
some text for testing.
You may try changing font settings in the gtkrc file while the app is
running and then click on the "reload gtkrc" button to see how text get
rendered.
You can wget into the d-i ISO the precompiled binary and run it togheter
with the graphical installer.
Note that scripts by Frans have no effects on this app's behaviour: it
just reloads the gtkrc file when the corresponfing button is pressed.
Precompiled binaries are meant to be run with DFB 0.9.25 (won't work on
"standard" mini ISOs GTKDFB 2.0.9 that include DFB 0.9.22).

ciao

Attilio