Re: [RFC] Generate a d-i-arch-scripts package

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 23:18, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> There are a number of small udebs that add arch/sub-arch specific
> files.  cobalt-scripts is one example, and today sparc-utils has been
> uploaded (which I suppose plays a similar role).

Hmm. sparc-utils does not really fit your case.
It contains one utility from the regular sparc-utils package and it does
not seem like a good idea to duplicate the code.

FWIW (and as you probably already know), rootskel, d-i-utils and hw-detect
(and maybe others) already support the installation of arch-specific
files in udebs. If your new scripts are related to those udebs, you could
just add them there.