Re: r34254 - in trunk/packages/cdebconf: debian src/modules/frontend/newt

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:48:15AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 09:55:53AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Or even to use a bit more descriptive parameter like "BACKGROUND" or even
> > "FRONTEND_BACKGROUND"?
>
> This issue had been raised on a French speaking mailing list about
> accessibility, and as told by Christian, writing command line parameters
> with non QWERTY keyboards is quite boring.  Anyway this is a general
> issue, I will replace bg by FRONTEND_BACKGROUND for now, but it would be
> really great to have short aliases.

If #348761 is applied then we can have a keymap selector in the boot
loader, at least on amd64 and i386 (and more if somebody feels like
rewriting the bulk of gfxboot in C, porting the rest to other
architectures, and hacking it into other boot loaders ...).