Re: [G-I] Indic and arabic fonts; which are best?

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006, Eddy Petri?or wrote:
> - nazli is not used for farsi, but it should be [6] (font should be bigger)
> - arabic is fine with ae_AlMohanad, as it is now [7] (font should be
> bigger; nazli could be used, but it appears that they are not that
> great)

I second the fact that Arabic font should be bigger.

The nazli screenshots in your mail are not very pretty, the Arabic font
should look like AlMohanad. See [0] which seems to use nazli and IMHO is
as nice for Arabic as AlMohanad.

[0] http://hp.debian.or.jp/~tyuyu/debian-installer/Arabic_with_nazli_without_localechooser_patch.jpg

Please also note a bug in this screen: the first character of the last
line (just above the "debian" hostname field) is cut.[1]

[1] http://adn.diwi.org/tmp/first-char-is-cut.jpg

--
adn
Mohammed Adnène Trojette