Re: D-I Etch Beta2 release status & timeline

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 11:42:51AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 09:28:33PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >         Bastian, maybe you can comment on the mklibs part of this, if it is
> > really cross-build friendly ?
>
> You need a cross-compiler, but yes, it is.

Why do you need a cross compiler ? so that you have the elf-handling functions
? Or the linker to relink the stuff together ?

I am curious aboutthis, since i see you invoke gcc, but is the functionality
really coming from gcc, or the underlying ld ? If the second,
binutils-multiarch would be enough.

> I have some patches pending which makes it easier to use it in such an
> environment.

Neat.

Friendly,

Sven Luther