Re: D-I Etch Beta2 release status & timeline

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 02:12:02PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > As it basically is an existing issue, I'm inclined to not see it as RC,
> > but make it priority for post Beta2. Opinions on this welcome.
>
> I think it deserves an errata item.
>
> > After kernel 2.6.15 migration to testing (X):
> > X+ 1: mass migration of remaining udebs
>
> debian-installer package uploads will have to happen at approximatly x+2
> and can take a couple of days.

Hi, ...

Not for immediately, but i am looking in making mklibs use downloaded debs
instead of the installed libs, which Franz said should allow to do cross-build
of debian-installer, which means that this can be done quite immediately. Not
sure exactly if this is going to work out of the box, or if adaptations are
needed. Bastian, maybe you can comment on the mklibs part of this, if it is
really cross-build friendly ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther