VC problem on 2.6 serial with no graphics card

When I boot d-i with an 2.6 image via serial on a device which only
has a serial console (and no graphics card), the following three
messages are constantly repeated:

| device '/dev/vc/2' does not exist.
| device '/dev/vc/3' does not exist.
| device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist.

This is because /lib/debian-installer/init-udev-devices
unconditionally makes /dev/vc/0 to 4.  I don't know anything about how
udev support is done in d-i, but would it be possible to only create
/dev/vc/0 here and let the rest be created by udev if they exist?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/